TOEFL Course Horamavu – TOEFL Preparation Classes Bangalore
TOEFL iBT Test Dates Bangalore
- Reading Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Listening Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Speaking Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Writing Section (Score of: 0–30)
- Total Score (0–120)
In addition to your scores, your test taker score report also includes performance feedback that is a reflection of your performance level and a description of the kinds of tasks that test takers within the reported score range can typically do.
There is no passing or failing TOEFL® score; individual higher education institutions and agencies set their own score requirements. TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years after the test date and there is no limit to the number of times you can take the test, but you cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period. If you already have a test appointment, you cannot register for another test within 12 days of your existing appointment.
The TOEFL iBT test Dates in Bangalore
The Writing section measures your ability to write in English in an academic setting. In all academic situations where writing in English is required, you must be able to present your ideas in a clear, well-organized manner.
Often you’ll need to write a paper or an essay response on an exam about what you’ve been learning in class. This requires combining information you’ve heard in lectures with what you’ve read in textbooks or other materials. For this type of writing—often referred to as integrated writing—you must be able to:
• Take notes on what you hear and read, and use your notes to organize information before writing
• Summarize, paraphrase and cite information accurately from source material
• Write about the ways the information you heard relates to the information you read
You also must be able to write essays that express and support your opinions. In this type of writing—known as independent writing—you express an opinion and support it based on your own knowledge and experience.
For example, you may be asked to write an essay about a controversial issue. You would use past personal experience to support your position.
TOEFL Academic Reading Skills
The Reading section measures your ability to understand university-level academic texts and passages. In many academic settings around the world, students are expected to read and understand information from textbooks and other academic materials written in English.
The following are three purposes for academic reading: Reading to Find Information
• Effectively scanning text for key facts and important information
• Increasing reading fluency and rate Basic Comprehension
• Understanding the general topic or main idea, major points, important facts and details, vocabulary in context, and pronoun usage
• Making inferences about what is implied in a passage Reading to Learn
• Recognizing the organization and purpose of a passage
• Understanding relationships between ideas
• Organizing information into a category chart or a summary in order to recall major points and important details
• Inferring how ideas connect throughout the passage
Reading Section Description : The TOEFL iBT ®
Reading section includes three to four reading passages. There are 12 to 14 questions per passage. You have 60 to 80 minutes to answer all the questions in the section.